NM doesnt honor static ip option set with NM applet

i have looked for an official area to report bugs but couldnt find any and hence i decided to report it here. Can somebody point me to a bug tracker for this project? I use kde and i am aware of bugs.kde.org but not gnome's equivalent.

There seem to be a bug somewhere on how NM accepts and handles a wish to use static ip address since the problem appear on both nm-applet and knetworkmanager-kde4

using NM 0.8 and both nm-applet and knetworkmanager show the same problem. They both do not seem to pass a wish and settings to use a static ip address with a connection and hence they always use a dynamic one offered by dhcp

The only way to use a static ip is to set one in "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcg-wlan0" config file and nm-applet/knetworkmanager will use the info there when a connection is set to use a static ip.

This creates problems because there is only one "ifcfg-wlan0" config file and hence i cant set different connections to use different static ip addresses.

the config file has the following info at the moment
DEVICE=wlan0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.0.20
NETMASK=255.255.255.0