Re: NetworkManager doesn't connect to my Mobile Broadband connection

On Friday 23 July 2010 01:13:13 Dan Williams wrote:

Hi Dan,

> The device is crashing and dropping off the bus.  Any idea what
> firmware you have?

The Mobile Partner app on Windows says

  Hardware Version: CD25TCPU
  Firmware Version: 11.604.18.01.00

> That's usually found by getting the response to the "AT+GMR" command
> using a serial program like minicom to ask the device directly.

Yes, that get's me the same firmware version.

Welcome to minicom 2.4

Compiled on Jul 23 2010, 18:52:47.
Port /dev/ttyUSB0

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
+CME ERROR: SIM PIN required
AT+GMR
11.604.18.01.00

OK

> Older versions of Huawei firmware are known not to work well even in
> Windows.  What *specific* model # does it show on the outside of your
> device?

HUAWEI Mobile Connect
Model: E160 HSDPA USB Stick
FCC ID: QISE160