Number of wireless scans before trying autoconnection

Hi,

I have the following question: how many scans does NM wait until it calls the autoconnect (real_get_best_autoconnection) feature?

I ask this because the card the hardware I am currently testing (OLPC XO-1) has doesn't report all the wireless AP in range immediately.
That's why I want to either add a waiting period or something like that in order to hold on so that all the AP in range are available for choosing.

In order to do so, I need to know where in the source code I can find the line/s where the autoconnection gets called.

If anyone knows where to look for I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for your answers.

 Cheers