Re: Editing /etc/hostname(in Debian) with vim will remove its inotify watch
- From: cee1 <fykcee1 gmail com>
- To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Editing /etc/hostname(in Debian) with vim will remove its inotify watch
- Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:10:36 +0800
Hmm, I wasn't expecting this sort of thing. I guess we need to
monitor /etc as well to get events when the file gets added back or
renamed to /etc/hostname. Any chance you could do a patch for that?
There's some directory monitoring code in
system-settings/plugins/ifcfg-rh/plugin.c that could be adapted for this
(the code in ifcfg-rh monitors /etc/sysconfig/network).
ifcfg-rh monitors /etc/sysconfig/network[File] and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/[Directory]. Editing /etc/sysconfig/network will also break monitoring of /etc/sysconfig/network.
ifupdown should also monitor /etc/network/interfaces if "managed == true"
BTW, what are configs in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ doing?
] [Thread Prev