Re: net manager wireless disabled

sheltraw berkeley edu wrote:
Hi folks

When I click the Network Manager Icon (Ubuntu 9.10) it says:

Wired Networks
 device not managed

Wireless Networks
 wireless is disabled

I did not disable wireless and I have no idea why the wired network would not
be managed by NetworkManager. How do I enable wireless and manage wired as
well?

Have you reported a bug to Ubuntu?

Wireless disabled usually means a kill switch is active. You can check the status of the system's kill switches by opening a terminal and running the command "rfkill list".

Not sure about the Wired Networks without seeing more information about your system ( that's why reporting a bug is a better avenue than this list ).

Regards,
/tony