Re: NM vs clock (and liveCDs)

Neal Becker a écrit :
> José Queiroz wrote:
>
>> Are you using VMware to host this VM??? There are various issues with
>> VMware and clock on Linux guests.

I have this problem with real hardware. _This_ time problem has nothing
to do with virtualization.

Most PCs have their hardware clock unfortunately configured in local
time. But local time is useless when you are missing the time zone -
which is exactly the case of any liveCD image. I do not think there is
any way to get rid of such clock jumps when running liveCDs.

See also: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/mswish/ut-rtc.html

> No, VirtualBox.  I fixed it with clock -w --localtime.

Could you please elaborate?

Cheers,

Marc