Re: Problem to add a broadband connection on NetworkManagerUserSettings

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 16:45 +0100, Jirka Klimes wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2010 16:33:27 Maxwell Chiareli Xandeco wrote:
> > I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, with your code I don't get errors but a
> > connection is not added, nothing happens when I call AddConnection
> > method.
> >

> I've investigated it a bit and found out that AddConnection is not supported
> via D-Bus due to security reasons.
> (src/gconf-helpers/nma-gconf-settings.c:add_connection() function)
>
> If you use SystemSettings service instead of UserSettings, the connection
> adding will work (just keyfile plugin).

Right; mainly because it's user settings, allowing any program to add
connections isn't necessarily secure.  However, any program can write
GConf so it's mostly a misnomer.  In the future we do want to allow
this, subject to various security considerations or at least
notifications.  For now, only system settings allows connection addition
because it actually validates caller's via PolicyKit.