FC12 Recent update of PPP

FYI-if you run into PPPTP (VPN) failure under FC12 recently....

The ~2/23/2010 update of fc12 brought down the latest and greatest ppp package, which broke NM. the error was something about security credentials and upon googling many related topics it seems NM is highly dependant on the lower level and has to be rebuilt, apparently has happened before.
The "fix" for now is to "yum downgrade ppp" as su, and reboot, that works for the time being until NM can be rebuilt and distributed.

I have no idea where the right folks are located, so this is the best means I can think of and its good info for others.