Re: Is there a way to get nm-applet to prompt for network security credentials through dbus?

Greg Suarez a écrit :
> I'm trying to get NetworkManager to connect to a wireless AP through the
> d-bus interface.  The AP requires security credentials (i.e. WPA
> password), is there a way I
> can communicate to the nm-applet to prompt the user for the
> information?

I am not 100% sure what you want here but any time you start GNOME's
nm-connection-editor it will prompt the user to configure anything,
including wireless credentials.

> So all I have to do is tell the nm-applet to get the
> credentials which will create a connection and I can tell NetworkManager
> to use the connection provided by the nm-applet.

I think yes.

If this wireless connection is the only one configured and available
then you do not even need to direct NM to it; it should automatically
fallback to the only one available.

> Or am I stuck having to write my own app?

Which would do what?