NetworkManager doesn't detect my device

Hi,

I am trying to use my UTMS stick on a different machine running Fedora 11. I
was doing this on another machine with Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 before.
Details are described in my Blog on

http://grumpyapache.blogspot.com/2009/05/mobile-internet-with-fedora-10-and.html
http://grumpyapache.blogspot.com/2009/05/mobile-internet-with-fedora-10-and.html

I am now following basically the same procedure. I get so far, that the
stick is recognized as a modem and the right kernel module is loaded:

  [anja tethys ~]$ hal-find-by-capability --capability=modem

/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_af0_6971_Serial_Number_if0_serial_unknown_1

/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_af0_6971_Serial_Number_if0_serial_unknown_0
  [anja tethys ~]$ lsmod | grep option
  option                 20188  0
  usbserial              27572  1 option

However, when I start nm-connection-editor and try to enter a new mobile
broadband device, then the device list is greyed out. So it looks like
NetworkManager doesn't recognize my device anyways.

Any ideas, what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Jochen