vpnc does not indicate failed authentication

vpnc plugin expects return code 2 from vpnc to indicate failed
authentication.:

        case 2:
                /* Couldn't log in due to bad user/pass */
                nm_vpn_plugin_failure (NM_VPN_PLUGIN (plugin),
NM_VPN_PLUGIN_FAILURE_LOGIN_FAILED);
                break;

At least in my testing I could not trigger it - whatever I did I always
got exit code 1, which is interpreted as generic connection failure.

Just curious, is something wrong with my vpnc version or something has
changed since code was originally written? Using vpnc 0.5.3.

-andrey