Re: GetAccessPoints returning empty

On Tuesday 09 of February 2010 18:57:37 Hugo Melo wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've discovered that when I have a system settings service connection
> configured ( like ifcfg-AP and keys-AP ) and nm-applet is not running I get
> an empty list as a result of GetAccessPoints().
> Is this a bug?
> How can I workaround it?
> If I don't have those files on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts or If I have
> nm-applet running the function returns the right list.
> Thanks!

Hmm, I don't face such behaviour.
How do you call GetAccessPoints(), using dbus-send or other program/script?
Are the ifcfg-AP and keys-AP files correct? What does /var/log/messages say?

Empty list could mean that wireless is off. Check
/var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state. How did you stop nm-applet?

Jirka