Running script on network connection

Hi List

I'd like a script to be run when I get connected to a network, similar to /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/, but I want the script to be run as my logged in user, within my desktop session.

My use case is that I'd like to have Synergy launched whenever I connect to the network which hosts the Synergy server.

This could be taken care of by a running D-Bus listening python script, but I'd like to avoid the overhead.

Is this possible?

/David