nm-applet and Sugar -- control conflict over d-bus

Hi list,

we're working on some issues in how we handle the network between
Sugar and Gnome sessions, and we're finding something unexpected.

If we "disable networking" (sleep) from nm-applet , we cannot wake NM
up from Sugar, and vice-versa.

Easier to test: if we're in a Gnome session, if we put NM to sleep
from nm-applet, we cannot wake it up from cnetworkmanager. This is on
F11, NM 0.7.

Is this expected -- perhaps an aspect of dbus that has eluded me before?

BTW, is there a good recipe on how to monitor dbus method calls sent
from nm-applet and similar? I have my dbus setup allowing
eavesdropping, but that doesn't seem to be enough to see those
messages.

thanks!

 martin langhoff gmail com
 martin laptop org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions