Re: nm-applet gone from panel

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 15:06 -0500, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Make certain he has the Notification Area in the panel. Try adding a new
> one to the panel.

yes... actually what was happening was the icon was hidden... and still
is... :(

I removed the Notification Area and added it again in the middle of the
top panel....

but stangelly, after logout-login, even in the middle, the icon is
almost invisivle... only a vertical stripe of 1 or 2 pixels width is
visible...

something like:
----------------------------
|| oo
||  oo
---------------------------

the o's being the visible part of the nm-applet icon !!!

:)

I don't know why this happens; but it's consistent; I created a new user
and did logout-login and the icon gets hidden or something cuts it; I
remove the notification bar, I add it again, and it's ok; then I
logout-login and it's cut again :P

This is Edubuntu-10.04

but the visible part is large enough to allow a minimum interaction; BTW
the red (o) shutdown, restart, etc button also goes missing :P

a mess...

Joao