Re: desconectado ? (nmcli locale)

Le 25/08/2010 12:01, Jirka Klimes a écrit :

> It's always safer to use LC_ALL=C (or LANG=C) when parsing program outputs and
> not to rely on output not being localized.

Yes.

> In many cases it is. Think of e.g.  'date'.

This is a poor example since you absolutely do not need to reset the
locale to parse the output of date: you manually specify a
locale-independent format (=~ my "--cterse" suggestion above)

(no one in his sane mind would try to parse the default, rich,
complicated and human-oriented output of date)

> And instead of adding another option, you can simple set C locale.

As said already, there is nothing simpler than forgetting to reset the
locale.