Re: No 3G connection with built in Huwei E620

On 12.08.2010 01:38, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 22:12 +0200, Mirko Gasparovic wrote:
>
>> Am 04.08.2010 08:08, schrieb Dan Williams:
>>
>>> Basically:
>>>
>>> 1) stop NetworkManager
>>> 2) killall -TERM modem-manager
>>> 3) gdb modem-manager
>>> 4) r --debug
>>> 5) start NM from another terminal
>>> 6) attempt to reproduce the problem
>>> 7) when the gdb/modem-manager window says NM crashed or aborted, type
>>> "backtrace" and hit return
>>> 8) copy & paste that backtrace into the bug or email
>>>
>>> Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions.
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to create the log, but at Point 7 there is no Message from
>> the gdb. I have added the log, as I got it.
>>
> Ok, we've seen this before once or twice; with the Huawei E1552 and
> there's a bug on gnome.org for it.  We're not quite sure what's causing
> it, but the Huawei firmware does not appear to be standards compliant
> for the AT+COPS command.  It may work if you wait for the  modem to
> auto-register with the network before starting the connection in NM.
> But for now I guess we'll need to work around the problem where the
> modem just goes idle when we tell it to start looking for providers :(
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

thank you for your Support. In this case I have to use the Workaround
and use for the 3G connection the Tool Sakis3G.
I hope I will be able to use NetworkManager some time in future, because
this is my prefered method.

Mirko