Is Network Manager in 11.3 different from 11.2?

For many years I've used scpm to reconfigure my laptop by changing the nfs
fstab file depending on what environment I was in. This year I understand
scpm is no longer available in 11.3, and I've been told to use network
manager. In 11.2, network manager, despite it's name couldn't manage
networks, just connections. Has network manager changed so I can easily
alter my nfs setup as I move my laptop from connection to connection?
--
Robert Smits CEP525G

Nanaimo, Duncan & District Labour Council
Box 822 Nanaimo, V9R 5N2 Ph 250-760-0547
Fax 250-760-0548 Email labour telus net