Re: How to save pin number and auto-connect on startup?

David Cuenca <dacuetu gmail com> writes:

Hi David,

> I'm new to N-M, connecting to 3G net in Switzerland using a Huawei
> K3715 USB stick and Ubuntu 10.04. After the painful configuration
> process (I had to enter manually "vendor=0x12d1 product=140c" in the
> configuration file) everything works wonderful -- even better that the
> original software.

Oh, I'm totally unable to get my Huawei E160 working.  Could you please
provide those config files you have edited?  Maybe that could help me.

> The only thing I miss is the option to save the pin number and
> auto-connect on startup.

Hm, I use KNetworkManager, and in the Broadband Connection tab, there
are fields for the PIN, PUK, APN, etc.  At least the PIN/PUK are saved
in the KDE keychain (kwallet).  I guess it's the same when using
nm-applet, where those credentials should be stored in the GNOME
keyring.

Bye,
Tassilo