Re: Alcatel x060s - incorrect port

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 14:53 +0400, Andrey Alakozov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In udevadm DB, ttyUSB1 has ID_MM_LONGCHEER_PORT_TYPE_AUX=1 flag, and
> ttyUSB2 has ID_MM_LONGCHEER_PORT_TYPE_MODEM=1 flag.
>
> I've changed ATTRS{idProduct}=="0000", ENV{.MM_USBIFNUM}=="03"
>
> in 77-mm-longcheer-port-types.rules to be both aux and modem
> and it worked! Now NM could connect OK.

Is there any chance I can get the Windows .INF files from you off the
device's fake driver CD?  In a pinch, feel free to just mail me the
entire contents of the fake driver CD or post it somewhere I can grab
it.  This will clear up the issue 100%.

I have the driver for the X020s, but not the X060s.

> While playing with it I found that NM fails to find modem if Ethernet
> connection is active:
>
> # tail -f /var/log/syslog

> Apr 29 13:18:07 andrey-laptop NetworkManager: Could not get modem
> driver: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
> application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
> was broken.

Quite interesting; that indicates a problem with ModemManager.  Any
chance you can grab some modem-manager debugging for me?

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

under the "Debugging NetworkManager 0.8.x 3G connections" section.  And
lets see what's going on there.

> If I detach Ethernet before plugging modem in everything works fine.
> It's a minor issue for me because I do not intend to use Ethernet and 3G
> connections simultaneously.

That's certainly a bug.  Can you grab some of NM's syslog output for me?
See the "Log locations" on the Debugging link I pasted above and lets
see what NM's doing.

> See udevadm output below.

Ok, the output looks good and we've confirmed the rules are applied.
Apparently they are just wrong :)