nm-inotify-helper doesn't work in Lenovo T400

Hi all,
I'm using nm-inotify-helper to monitor hostname file in my plugin. The
code is nearly the same as ifupdown.
However, I find nothing changed after I modified the hostname
configuration file both in Ubuntu(ifupdown) and Gentoo(my plugin)
which are installed in my laptop. It works correctly in other
machines.
I've check the kernel configuration:
CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
uname -a: Linux qiaomu-laptop 2.6.30-gentoo-r5 #35 SMP Wed Mar 31
21:44:40 CST 2010 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
inotify-tools works properly in my laptop.

--
Best wishes,
Mu Qiao