Re: Avoiding 3G roaming costs

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> We can hack something together with F11 perhaps, and on F12 it's even
> easier.  You can try to enter your providers' MCC/MNC (a 6-digit number
> for the US, 5 digits for everywhere else) in the connection editor in
> the "Network" entry and NM will direct the modem to register *only* on
> your providers network and thus not roam, but there are certainly
> improvements we can do.

The obvious improvement I can think of, assuming the 5/6 digits codes
you mention are stored in the providers database, is to add a checkbox
"allow roaming" to the edit connection page... do we have such codes?
if not, where should I look for?

By the way, thanks for replying, I thought mailman redirected the
message to /dev/null ;)

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com