Re: network manager always deconfigure the ethernet interface when network link is down

Le vendredi 11 septembre 2009 à 11:58 -0400, John Mahoney a écrit :

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Graham Lyon <graham lyon gmail com>
> wrote:
>         2009/9/11 Luc Deschenaux <luc deschenaux mta sunrise ch>
>
>                 At least I never need that NM switch to "auto eth0"
>                 when the link is up
>                 again, I need to continue with the configuration I did
>                 choose.
>
>         I believe that I'm correct in saying that if you select the
>         "connect automatically" checkbox on multiple wired network
>         profiles then it will simply connect to the previously active
>         profile instead of redefaulting to the "auto eth0" profile
>         (which I assume is the only one you have with the "connect
>         automatically" checkbox selected currently. This is the
>         behaviour that I get using a crossover cable so whilst I may
>         get annoying notifications about the interface continually
>         going up and down, it is very quick to reapply a static config
>         (complete with all its routes etc if you have them configured
>         through network manager) and so the other device *shouldn't*
>         notice. Try setting that checkbox for your static
>         configuration and unplugging and replugging the cable to see
>         which profile it then selects and report back with the results
>         - I know I got it to behave in the way that I think you want,
>         I just can't remember precisely how I did it ;)

When the "connect automatically" option is enabled for many
configurations, the first config in the list having the option checked
is re-activated instead of the previously used configuration for the
interface.

If the previously used config for this interface was re-activated (when
many configs have the "connect automatically" checked), instead of the
first in the list having the option checked, it should yet solve some of
the problems.

L:üc: