Re: ppp and "offline state"

Il giorno lun, 07/09/2009 alle 12.53 +0200, Pietro Battiston ha scritto:
> 1) the most clear answer I found to the claim:
>
> "NM doesn't support generic ppp, so I must connect with
> $APP_TO_HANDLE_PPP_CONNECTION and NM doesn't notice it, so
> $APP_USING_NETWORK doesn't connect, thinking I'm disconnected"
>
> is at [0] and basically says:
>
> "nobody is working on it, if somebody would like to, please step in".
>
> This was obviously an admissible position; is it still true, or did the
> creation of MobileManager change future hopes of generic (or at least
> bluetooth) ppp support in NM?

I accidentally found
http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2009/05/22/a%E2%80%A2b%E2%80%A2c-delicious/
and this answers the "bluetooth?" part of my question (yes, we'll have
bluetooth in 0.8, great, thanks Dan and Bastien), leaving open only the
"normal modem" part (and the other 2 questions).

But it opens another question: if this information was blogged about
since May, can I just delete page:
http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManagerToDo
which apparently makes no sense, and (being unedited since January)
gives the impression of a very stagnating development?

Pietro