Re: setting up ZTE CDMA Technologies MSM idProduct 0x2000

You need to mode-switch it before it will do anything. Initially it emulates a CD-ROM only (an idea called ZeroCD), which in Windows makes it autorun the software installer. The installed s/w then switches the modem to a different idProduct, and all its real interfaces become visible. This is not much use in Linux!

Does your device appear as a CD-ROM in Linux? If so then "ejecting" it should switch the modes. Otherwise look for usb_modeswitch on the net, download and follow the instructions - it will be able to send the magic string to the modem to switch it.

Useful hint: The mode switch needs to be done everytime you plug it in, but you can permanently switch off ZeroCD once you've got it going. You need to send it the command AT+ZCDRUN=8 on the modem port - it's usually easiest to do this using minicom or similar. This makes life simpler, and the device is also quicker to start up.