Re: Interactive certificate dialog?

+1

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs clemson edu> wrote:
My employer's wireless system is undergoing maintenance and information
about our SSL certificate for WPA has changed.  On Windows, when you are
offered an untrusted certificate, there is a pop-up dialog asking you
whether to accept the certificate or not.  In NetworkManager, the
connection simply fails with no indication of what the problem is.

In my case, the solution is to hunt down a source for the appropriate
certificate, copy it into /etc/pki/tls/certs, and set NM to point to
that file for its cert.

Would it be possible for NM to enter into a dialog with the user about
accepting the certificate?  If that's not acceptable, would it at least
be possible to provide a more informative message about the cause for
the connection failure?

Thanks.
--
               Matthew Saltzman