Route configuration

Hi list,

First thanks for network-manager, I've been using it for a long time
and just began to use it's openvpn plugin, it's really nice!

I have a small feature request regarding the custom routing option.
Currently you can easily direct direct a subnetwork to a connection
(the "use this connection only for ressources on its network"
checkbox).
But if you want something more complex (e.g. the vpn has a private IP
(192.68.0.X), but you want to direct all traffic to the site through
the vpn, not just 192.168.0.0/24, but a global ipv4 prefix) it won't
work and you have to add custom routes.
But custom routes are not automagic at all, for example the gateway
must be static, it means that if the routeur ip changes, you have to
update the route, etc.

I guess most people uses that setting to route a subnetwork to the
gateway provided by the connection, so wouldn't it be better to have
an UI to facilitate it?

eg:
Use this connection for ressources on the following network (and a way
to input a network, only address+netmask or address/prefix, no metric
needed)

Does it make sense?

regards,

Benoit