Problem with changing encryption for established connection

I am using NetworkManager version 0.7.1 and kNM version 0.9. While
testing openSUSE 11.2 RC1, I did the unusual step of changing the
encryption scheme for a previously established ESSID/connection. As
expected, when I clicked on the entry in the kNM applet to connect, I
got the authentication/secrets pop-up. Supplying the new, correct
password and authentication scheme failed. I could connect only by
using the "Manage Connections" item from the applet and by editing the
wireless connection item before trying to connect.

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,

Larry