Network manager configuration to connect only to a 3G/HSPA network

Hi members of the Network Manager list.

I'm Vinícius from Brazil and I ask for help to the the following problem when using network manager with a mobile (3G) network:

Here in my region i have both 3G (HSPA) and non-3G network (EDGE) available. Lately, my connection started to get slow, then, i went to the Windows OS to see the how network i was using. Under Windows, in the modem software, i saw that i was connected using a EDGE network (more slow) so, I adjusted the network preferences in the modem software to use "only 3G network" (before the parameter was "prefer 3G network") and after this, i could connect to a HSPA network and use the full speed of my subscriber plan.

But, in Ubuntu, i think the network manager is connecting using the EDGE network because it's too slow. So, my question is: has the network manager a parameter where i can set to connect only to a 3G/HSPA network (like "use only 3G/HSPA") and discard the other slower networks?

I'm grateful for any help!

Regards and congratulations for this amazing program!

Vinícius Vieira Marques
Rondônia - Brazil