Re: Default Gateway with Manual Setting

On Thursday 08 October 2009 12:48:57 Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> 1.  On a qemu-kvm F12 guest, I tried manually setting GATEWAYDEV=eth1 and
>  this  works!  Not only is the default route correct but the "connection
>  only" box is now checked.  At the very least, this gives me a work-around
>  until things are fixed.

I have the source rpm installed and had done "rpmbuild -bc" so I thought I
would do a little grep-ing around and see what I could find.  One of the things
I did was "grep -i -n -r gatewaydev *".  So I took a look (edited) at system-
settings/plugins/ifcfg-rh/reader.c and, sure enough, the code segment looked
it supported reading /etc/sysconfig/network to check for the GATEWAYDEV=xxx
parameter and this works as my test showed.

However, this is the ONLY reference to GATEWAYDEV.  There is no code which
supports writing (adding or removing) GATEWAYDEV=xxx to /etc/sysconfig/network.
Perhaps this is why NM is not working properly.

I am going to look at the code which does the gui connection-editor a bit more
to see where it saves the "connection only" checkbox value and it does save it
if I do not have the "Available to all users" checked.

Gene