Re: So very close, but so frustrating...

>mobile device, the viable connections would change over time - and,
>ideally, the transition from one Wi-Fi router to the next would be
>seamless - and wouldn't even cause tcp connections to drop... assuming,

I don't see how a transition like than can be seamless when I, for instance, have an SSH or FTP session.  The ssh/ftp server would most definitely disconnect from the client, if the client changes its IP address.

Or am I totally wrong?

>of course, movement is constrained to an area with sufficiently many
>accessible Wi-Fi routers.  Perhaps this is an issue with the underlying
>Wi-Fi support?
>2. If multiple routers can be accessed, it would be great if the
>bandwidth of these routers could be combined, for example, when
>downloading a large file.

I once read something about combining multiple independent network interfaces (each with its own IP address) to make single requests, but it sounded rather complicated IIRC.

Andrew