Re: setting a specific peer name

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 16:47 -0800, barsalou wrote:
> Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
>
> > On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 08:30 -0800, barsalou wrote:
> >> Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:
> >>
> >> Version 0.7.0.100.
> >>
> >> I'm using xubuntu 9.04.
> >>
> >> I did in fact meant ttyUSB3/ttyUSB4....thanks for catching that.
> >
> > What specific package version of NetworkManager?  Can you provide some
> > logs from /var/log/daemon.log from when you plug the device in and when
> > NM recognizes it?
>
> That may be part of the problem...network manager doesn't really
> recognize it.  dmesg shows that the USB Serial suport get's loaded and
> using the "peer" function lights it up, but since NM doesn't see it
> and I can't use the peer function or specifically point to a device,
> then I can't manage it with NM.
>
> Which is a bummer.
>
> This happens with :
>
> Mecury USB Connect
> Sierra Wireless Aircard 881

I have both of these cards actually; can you do the following?

1) as root, 'udevadm control --log-priority debug'
2) plug the card in
3) grab the output of /var/log/messages and /var/log/daemon.log and
reply with that
4) as root, 'udevadm control --log-priority normal'

And that'll help us start figuring out where things are going wrong in
the probing process.

Dan