Re: So very close, but so frustrating...

On 09-09-30 05:55 PM, Steve wrote:
> Is there any way that I can configure NetworkManager to allow me to
> switch between wireless connectivity and 'dialup' networking via my
> mobile phone?  It seems so close to working that it would be a shame to
> be forced back to the command line...

I had some similar requirements on my end. (In fact, I've got the exact openvpn requirement and bluetooth modem setup.)

What I found that worked with network-manager was the 'blueman' bluetooth connection program.

Blueman replaces bluez-gnome on Ubuntu, including the applet and other obex connectivity programs. When you setup an rfcomm connection through it , it properly introduces network-manager to your phone through dbus. Network manager acts as if it were a USB connection.

Pretty useful, however I've found that 0.7.1 is a bit more stable than ubuntu's 0.7.0.100 release.