Failing to register my device to hal and NM

Hi,

I'm correctly working with NM 0.2 on TI processor (Embedded device). (I'll
soon move to the latest 0.7 or 0.8)
I'm trying to register my WiFi device to the hal and I'm getting the
following error message while doing so:
"# NetworkManager: nm_device_802_11_wireless_new: assertion `driver != NULL'
failed "

As I'm a newbe in this area I am probably missing something here. So below
is the structure that I am using in my WLAN driver.

struct platform_device tiwlan_dev = {
        .name       ="TI_WLAN",
        .id     =3,
        .dev = {