Re: Unstable connectivity

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 18:27 +0100, Quentin Denis wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've been using NM for a long time on (open)SUSE, but dispite it's
> growing maturity I really get fed up of it's unstable behavior.
> Actually, I am experiencing a really unstable connection on my
> university's open network. Access is controlled by web
> authentification, but this should not affect the connectivity at all.
> My windows and every other computer connects (almost) flawless,
> problem seems really to be nested in NM. It detects the network, but
> either it cannot connect ("configuring interface..." then aborts) or
> it connects for a short time only and disconnects while surfing.
>
> Well, it is very difficult to debug NM, so it you need specific
> information please tell me how to acces it.

I threw up a page last week on debugging NM:

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

see especially the bits about NM and wpa_supplicant debugging (Debugging
Wifi Connections).  Logs from NM and the supplicant would greatly help
in figuring the issue out.

Also, what driver and kernel version do you have?