Unstable connectivity

Dear all,

I've been using NM for a long time on (open)SUSE, but dispite it's
growing maturity I really get fed up of it's unstable behavior.
Actually, I am experiencing a really unstable connection on my
university's open network. Access is controlled by web
authentification, but this should not affect the connectivity at all.
My windows and every other computer connects (almost) flawless,
problem seems really to be nested in NM. It detects the network, but
either it cannot connect ("configuring interface..." then aborts) or
it connects for a short time only and disconnects while surfing.

Well, it is very difficult to debug NM, so it you need specific
information please tell me how to acces it.

Regards,
Quentin