Network Manager with PolKit no longer works?

Hi all,

There seem to be some changes between 0.7.0 and 0.8 with respect to using PolicyKit to get rights to add and modify system level connections. With 0.7.0 I can run the command :

dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.AuthenticationAgent / \
org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.AuthenticationAgent.ObtainAuthorization \
string:org.freedesktop.network-manager-settings.system.modify uint32:0 uint32:$PPID

and I am prompted to select a user with root permissions, and enter their password. However, if I do the same thing on 0.8 the command just returns false without ever prompting.

Has something changed that prevents a program other than nm-applet from adding/updating settings? Or has there been some other subtle change that I am missing.

I have Googled this thing to death, and am just not getting anywhere. So any help would be appreciated!