Re: Does NetworkManager support blocking non-home networks (UMTS/3g)

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:55 +0100, nodata wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't seem to find it in the GUI or in the documentation.
>
> Can NetworkManager be configured to only connect to home networks? Say I
> am on Vodafone and get free data usage, but then move to an area with
> poor signal for Vodafone, can I prevent switching to T-Mobile which
> costs me money?
>
> If yes, can this be determined automatically, or is this done with a
> string match?

For cards where we actually know the commands for controlling roaming,
yes we can do this, otherwise NM will need to send the specific MCC/MNC
of your operator to the modem, which has its own problems.  This is
definitely going to be fixed in the near future, but there's no facility
for doing so now other than entering the MCC/MNC of your operator into
teh Network entry in the connection editor.