nm-applet icon sometimes doesn't show up on first boot

Hi,

Not sure that this is nm-applet bug or gnome-panel bug, or something
else.

Problem is that after a fresh boot, sometimes, nm-applet icon doesn't
show up. Instead I see a copy of another icon (something like two volume
controls of which one is real, and second is the nm-applet icon), and
the 'fake' icon doesn't respond to anything.

If I restart the nm-applet, or if I restart gnome-panel, icon shows up
correctly.

I use ubuntu 9.10. Its very likely that this is a race condition, thus
hard to reproduce on another system.

Is this known?

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky