Simultaneous Wired and Wireless connections

This may be a situation where the solution is "Don't use networkmanager", but I wanted to get your learned input before I went down that route...

I was running Hardy on my previous desktop machine, using both a wireless card and a wired connection at the same time. This was my interfaces file:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
   address 192.168.1.1
   network 192.168.1.0
   netmask 255.255.255.240
   broadcast 192.168.1.15
   gateway 192.168.1.16

auto eth0

iface ath0 inet dhcp
   wpa-driver madwifi
   wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

auto ath0
The wired connection was used for a few local addresses (192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.15) - other machines, a network-enabled printer, etc. - and the wireless port for everything else.

Now, I have a new desktop, with Jaunty installed... and networkmanager. Is this configuration too far outside of nm's comfort zone, or is there a way I can configure things such that networkmanager will be compatible with my situation? I am ready, willing, and able to make code modifications if needed.

-- Mike