Re: Network Manager's supported Modem list

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 10:45 +0300, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
> But it would be hard to make such list looking at the code? If not, I
> could try to make such list. It would help Linux support guys
> everywhere.

It would be somewhat hard, since the code doesn't mention most modems
specifically.  I or Tambet have tested NetworkManager 0.7.0 and/or 0.7.1
with at least the following devices.  I have *-ed the ones I personally
own.

* Sony Ericsson F3507g (aka Dell 5530)
  Sony Ericsson MD300
* Sony Ericsson TM-506 (via USB cable)
* LG PM325 (via USB cable)
* BUSlink SCWi275u
* Option iCON 225
* Option ICON 7.2
* Option GT MAX 3.6 (aka Option GT Ultra)
  Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 (Sprint)
  Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 (use latest AT&T firmware)
* Sierra Wireless AirCard 860
  Sierra Wireless AirCard 595U (Sprint/Verizon)
* Sierra Wireless MC8775
* Huawei E160G
  Huawei E220
* Novatel Merlin S720 (Sprint/Verizon)
* Novatel Merlin XU870 (aka Dell 5510)
  Novatel Ovation U727 (Sprint/Verizon)
  Novatel Merlin S620 (Sprint)
* Qualcomm Gobi (GSM firmware)
  Kyocera KPC650 (Verizon)
  Verizon Wireless PC5750
  Verizon Wireless UM175
  Verizon Wireless KPC680

I have heard that NM works with the following additional devices:

Huawei E169
Huawei EC121 (Reliance India)
Huawei E168 (Reliance India)
Option Nozomi
(others I can't remember)

In general, devices supported by the Linux 'option', 'hso', 'sierra',
and 'nozomi' drivers will work with NetworkManager.

Dan