Re: Network Manager's supported Modem list

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 14:11 +0200, Herriot, Nicholas, VF-Group wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there such a thing as Network Manager's supported USB Modem list?
> And if this is a 'no' what part of the code base do I look at to find
> out the supported modems?

It depends on a few things...  first, the kernel drivers having the IDs
for the modems.  In general, NM will support generic modems that use
ATDT-style connection setup (ie, PPP).  It also supports Option
'hso'-style modems that use OWAN-style call setup.

As of 0.7.1, I think we've got support for most of the modems that are
currently in wide use.  We do occasionally find quirks (like Huawei CDMA
modems from Reliance India that return "COMMAND NOT SUPPORT" instead of
"ERROR", for example).

> i.e. is there a 'conf' file with scripts for each modem?

Nope, they are handled automatically in the code.  Scripts aren't really
flexible enough, or if they are, they turn into a programming language
anyway.

Dan