Detecting network profiles using mac address of default gateway

Hi list,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did try searching first and couldn't find anything. I was going to hack something myself but I'd rather use the network manager instead if it's possible.

I'm wanting to set a list of custom search domains at home and at the office so I'm using "address only dhcp" and setting dns servers and search domains manually in two different profiles. I'd rather that the network manager could get my dhcp lease, and use the mac address of the default gateway to determine what my location is, then select the correct network profile. Any pointers on how to do this much appreciated otherwise I'll be running a cron job and hacking things manually.

Thanks,

g.

--
Giles Westwood