Re: Roaming to none

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 03:45 +0100, Guilhaume Bordiau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new here. I've just posted a bug report here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/291760/comments/33
> This one #290672 seems to be a duplicate.
>
> The fact is that NetworkManager has difficulties to connect to AP,
> then it disconnect every 2 minutes "roaming to none" and come back 2
> minutes later. The link quality is also very poor (slow speed).

This is usually because the driver is misreporting either the current
channel or the current SSID, or is not reporting the currently
associated access point in scan lists.

With NM 0.7.1 snapshots, you can set the NM_ACTIVE_AP_DEBUG environment
variable (to anything) and get some dumps that would be helpful in
figuring out what the problem really is.