Re: Turn off passive scanning?

Chuck,

Quoting Chuck Anderson <cra WPI EDU>:

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 05:44:30PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
If this stack trace isn't usable enough I can try to change my
console to display new lines, but I don't recall how to do that
easily.  Using a serial console would be challenging on my laptop
as I have no serial port.

netconsole may also be helpful here:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4753/netconsole-howto-send-kernel-boot-messages-over-ethernet

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-netconsole-log-management-tutorial.html

If the system is wedged so hard that I can't even use the pageup key
to scroll back on the console do you really think it will be up sufficiently
to send out netconsole messages?

If I turn the screen into an 80x60 display instead of 80x24 then at least
I can get more lines printed before the system locks up....   And I don't
need a second machine off on the network to help me debug this.

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available