Turn off passive scanning?

Dan et al,

I seem to have found a bug in the iwl3945/mac80211 driver in the
2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.i686 kernel where it dies in a page
fault in skb_free().  Unfortunately I couldn't grab the full
stack trace, but I saw about 5 hard crashes within an hour
earlier today.

I'm sitting in an extremely saturated network at the IETF, and
I was attempting to perform a 'yum update'.

I'm guessing it's a passive scan issue because the backtrace had
a copy scan result entry.

Moreover, I turned off network manager, brought wlan0 up by hand,
and I haven't seen another crash.

Unfortunately the crash is very low level.  Even when siting on
the console the system locks up hard.  I couldn't even page-up/page-down
to see the full stack trace (and I didn't spend the time to leave
my meeting, find a piece of paper, and copy it all down by hand).

So...  Is there some way I can turn off passive scanning in NM?

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available