Re: Orange FR Option USB key

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 16:02 +0100, Raphaël Jacquot wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an Option USB key from Orange FR, with a mobicarte and the 'internet max' option (9€/month)
> I have attempted to use network manager to connect, but so far I have failed.
> what I know is that
> APN : orange
> User: orange
> Pass: orange
>
> anyone managed to get that one to work ?

I use an Option iCON 225 pretty much daily with T-Mobile USA and 2.6.27
& 2.6.29 kernels.  Can you provide the following details?

1) what kernel version?
2) what specific version of NetworkManager, including package
version/release if you are using your distros packages?
3) If possible, can you include some logs from either /var/log/messages
or /var/log/daemon.log or /var/log/NetworkManager.log that show a failed
connection attempt?  (any of these are possibilities of where your
distro might stick NM output)
4) Are you comfortable with the command-line and terminal in case we
have to debug further using one?

Thanks!