openvpn plugin "hmac auth" option differences between Fedora 9 and 10

Hello Dan, hello list,

yesterday I upgraded my Asus eeepc from Fedora 9 to Fedora 10;
fresh install, but fully updated using the updates repo during
installation.

Just for fun I tried to set up a VPN using the openvpn plugin of
NetworkManager, but I was rather disappointed finding out that
there is a bug somewhere in Fedora 10:

After importing an openvpn configuration file all options were shown
correctly in the GUI, but after closing the GUI, a connection attempt
failed.  Examining the logs, I found that the "hmac auth" option was
not set to MD5, just like before support for that option was added.

When I try to edit this VPN connection in NetworkManager's GUI,
then the "advanced" dialog comes up with the "hmac auth" option
set to "default".  I can change that to MD5 just fine, but after
closing the GUI the connection fails with the same error messages
logged.  Opening the "advanced" dialog again in the GUI, it comes
up again with "hmac auth" set to "default".

On my desktop PC, which has Fedora 9 with all current updates,
the openvpn plugin works as expected, i. e. openvpn VPN connections
using MD5 hmac auth do work.

I compared the latest SRPMs of NetworkManager and the openvpn plugin
of Fedora 9 and Fedora 10, but they differ only in some build options
referring to differences in libraries used by NetworkManager.

So, my question is:  Is this a known bug in NetworkManager or one of
the libraries used by it?  If not, what would be the best option
to debug this?

	Robert