Re: let NM know about custom connection through dbus?
- From: Derek Atkins <warlord MIT EDU>
- To: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: let NM know about custom connection through dbus?
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:03:21 -0400
Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:
> either. There's a lot more to the NM D-Bus API than just the device
> itself and whether that device is connected or not.
True. However in some cases that's all that's important. For
example if you want to run a VPN over your non-NM-aware device,
you need to tell NM that the network is up so it can enable VPN
Being able to tell NM "hey, there's a network here -- enable VPN"
is definitely a worthwhile feature to have, and IMHO less work
than "you need to make NM aware of your custom network hardware
so it can manage that hardware".
Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/ PP-ASEL-IA N1NWH
warlord MIT EDU PGP key available
] [Thread Prev