Re: Skipping popup requesting secrets

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 12:11 -0700, Drew Moseley wrote:
> What is the best way to have NetworkManager/nm-applet __not__ request wireless secrets?  We have a scenario where we are attempting to connect to the network and we do not have a user at the system.  In this scenario we just want to fail this particular connection without marking the connection as bad.  We want to attempt another connection with the same secrets later, ala background polling.
>
> Drew

I had a similiar issue, a user that doesn't have a clue what the wifi
password is, so I spent lots of time to tell that 'all you need to do is
press that reconnect button.... duh!'

There were some problems with wifi device that caused it to timeout like
that.

Now I use latest -git of NM and wpa_supplicant, latest wireless-testing
and I never see that dialog, even after many minutes, if I on purpose
set invalid password.
Maybe this got fixed?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky